Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm a Photo Genius



  Or at least that's what I tell everyone.  This is an image from the Blackfork Bestiary series, with my daughter's hand and our favorite bugs.  Probably ten years old.  Or more.  
  If I can't get the current bugs to co-operate, I'll go to the archives.

  This image was shot from a proof in front of the 5X7 Tri-X negative out of a file box.  It was LOTS of fun using the iphoto retouch tool to zap all the dust.  I blew it up until I was working at the subatomic level.   Forget Spot-Tone, go digital!

  A previous cat brought a cicada inside using mouth-carry.  It sounded like a screaming firework underwater.  Must have been like biting down on a smoke alarm.  Brain rattling.   The cat looked pretty desperate.

2 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

I've never seen this shot & I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Where has it been all my life?

Robert Langham said...

I've got a lot of unexhibited masterpieces, but this isn't one of them. I think Museum of Fine Arts Houston has this.