Saturday, November 22, 2008

Gun Show ammo panic: The Obamapalooza!

  National Ammo Day continues into it's third week.  Folks lined up in a double line- about 40 strong, getting into the gun show at Tyler around 10:00 this morning.  Folks coming out confirm- it's just a few vendors, not worth the 7 buck entry fee.  Gun Show organizers threw this one together to capitalize on the Obamapalooza.  I came home. 

  Going to Clarksville to shoot does.  Packing my Ruger #1 7X57  but also my newly C-stocked 1903A3.  That's the ticket.  A box of Lake City 30-06 ammo from 1969 and an obsolete 65 year old bolt gun! (Hell, I was THERE!)

  Killed a doe with this dinosaur last year, but nothing like re-runs.  New front blade, new stock, new attitude.  That's hope and change, right there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robert,

You know any guy who sells military stuff and reloading near Winolla? Well today, after that failure of a gunshow I went there with a friend. National Match .30-06, match 168gr slugs, and a 250 round tin of .30-06 ammo in 5 round strippers. No I didn't get that stuff (got others) but he still has them! Just in case you want any.

Robert Langham said...

Winona? I would be interested in hearing the price. Got a way to get in touch with him?

Anonymous said...

Lone Star Trading Co.

Terry Batsell 877-3088. I think he knows you.