Friday, April 10, 2009

Amon Carter Museum

  This isn't it.  This is another tree.  There is no charge.

  I sing, I dance, I cook.  I stink, therefore I am.  You think I  just wander around in the creek bottom pestering God's gentle creatures while toting vintage firearms?  No.   I'm also a man of refined and educated tastes and sensibilities.  Prove it?  Heck yeah!
  Amon Carter just wrote me a personal letter informing the same of the exhibition of one of my prints they happen to hold in their permanent collection.  Take THAT, you common vulgarians!  I'm packed in there right with (Big) Al Stieglitz and the others. ( Georgia Okeefe's hubby)  Heavily armed AND an artist!  Ha!
  For a few months my "Moon leaving a tree" will be exhibited for the just and the unjust to view and be enlightened by, but don't be grabbing at the hem of my garment.  It wasn't just any tree and it wasn't just any moon but instead a fusion of vision, discernment, imagination   and....and........and.....
  I can't talk about it.
  Crack open another merlot, bubba, and lets toast un vie artiste!
  After exhibition, it goes back in the vault for at least four years, so look quick.

  Update:  Can you imagine how satisfying it must be to be shot by me?  The deer are going: Hey, not only is it a legacy firearm...he's an ARTIST!"

7 comments:

catfish said...

I want to be you when I grow up!

Robert Langham said...

I want to be Stephen Hawking, only taller.

Borepatch said...

Congrats!

Next is black turtleneck and beret? ;-)

Old NFO said...

Way to go!!! Now go get your OWN show! :-)

Robert Langham said...

I was thinking of a cape and some riding boots. Might get nakedgunchick to pay attention tome.

Anonymous said...

Is that an infrared picture?

Robert Langham said...

Nope. Just the normal stuff. Palladium contact print though, the silver print looks like the tree is on fire.