Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thursday AM: 13th day

The little resident buck. Too narrow antlers to shoot.

Nice genetics in a young buck.

Different young buck not wide enough to shoot.

Doe and yearling fawn trailing through.

Unknown. Fox? Raccoon?

Beautiful clear still morning and not a deer to be seen. A big Buteo sailed in and sat on a snag across the pasture and squirrels racked around in the woods. At 9:30 I crossed the creek and rattle and a sat for a bit. Pulled the cam cards. Scrapes look untouched, but cams show several animals checking by.
Back in this evening. This is getting boring even for me. I've never hunted this many consecutive days of a year. Part of that shows how bad the economy is. I've got plenty of time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, you are making this deer hunting stuff look like a lot of work! You need to find a friend with a great place to hunt deer that makes it seem like they are everywhere and all you have to do is shoot and clean the darn things. Maybe Sneed ?

Robert Langham said...

It IS work, but I'm after specific bucks. Can't find them anywhere else. I hope to be invited up to shoot doetags later to get some meat, but right now I am grinding away trying to match up with Mr. Big!