Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday AM

Across the creek. Cam keeps saying SD card is locked when it isn't. Still shoots files, but worrysome. I added more corn. It's piling up.

Handsome guy I hadn't seen before. I would have noticed the brow tines. Nice deer, for someone. Needs another year or two.

Here he is at the other cam.

Here's a little Buck I hadn't seen. Look at HIS browtines. Just 1 1/2 years old and wondering what all the fuss is about. Not legal. Great genetics.

Ok, Maybe I am blogging deer hunting for a bit, day by day.

This morning I was in the stand by 6:24. A buck was on cam at 6:10 or so, but the clock hasn't been reset for Daylight Savings or whatever it is we are using. I'm an hour off. I did reset the clock.

Coffee from the Philipino Donut place and ghosted into the field jst at the edge of light. Wonderful morning. Mist hanging over the fields. World coming to life. Not a thing moving.

I sat in the tree and texted with Sneed and the Redhead. It's a terrific position. I can see three of the main scrapes. Just nothing going on. Still. Might have been a good morning for rattling.

They fired across the creek at 6:46. It's visitors of the folks over there from Terrell. They shoot anything that walks in front of them. I keep checking but haven't caught anyone who knows anything. Second morning with a shot. Sounded like they hit something.

Getting in shape to sit in a tree. Comfortable enough. Plenty watchful. Got down at 10:30 and pulled the cam cards on both cams, freshened up the scrapes with spray, looked at the third scrape and headed across the creek. Left my cushion, bag, cam, binocs in the tree. Back in a few hours.

The other neighbors dead coyote is buzzing with flies on the pipe line. Lots of sign across the creek. Just another deer-free day. Other days coming.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Wish I was sitting there with you.

Anonymous said...

Keep posting your pics and hunting info. I really enjoy as I'm a deer hunter.

Live in Lone Star and hunt in southern Morris and est portion of Cass County just south of Hughes Springs.

Rut is either happening or about to based on lease members observations today.

A huge 8 point taken this afternoon. G2's over 16".

Clyde