Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday AM

Field-expediant camera stand.

Deer scrape.

Deer scrape.

I THINK this is an owl sitting on the cam.


Little 1 1/2 year old buck on the scrape.

Someone punched a big hole in the Filipino Donut shop drive-by window and climbed in looking for riches. The girl said he didn't start cooking. Turns out that they take the riches home every night.

Crime is a pain in the butt.

Quiet morning. Rattled at 8:15 and got a little buck in before I could get back in the tree. He couldn't quite decide what I was but he didn't come all the way in. He was so excited he wagged his tail so vigorously that I laughed. He's seen a fight before.

News that they shot two bucks last weekend, one a big nine pointer across the creek. No one seems to have a photo so I don't know who it was.

No coyotes. Just sitting and watching. This is about the time in a season when non hunters at the coffee shop start berating me for not being able to see more deer. I've been in the tree for three and a half hours every morning since Saturday, plus all but two afternoons. Lotta tree time, I admit. If you could just show up ten minutes before the buck stepped out it would be easy.

No comments: