Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday AM: First Deer of the Year

Never seen this kid before.

Nice genetics. 1 1/2.

Gotta love this action. Bigfoot, probably.

Smushed horn buck shows up again. Bad genetics.

Doe and yearling fawn.

Carried my Filipino coffee with me and left it in the fork of a sapling on the trail. Went in quietly. The front sling swivel sings a little one-note tune now and then. That's it. First clear morning. If you hunt a lot, you really get to experience the fall. When I was across the creek sitting in a tree-chair the leaves were falling down like raindrops.

A doe under the mid-pasture oak on the scrapes. Just a shadow in the tall grass until she raised her head. Then a yearling along with her. They went to the corner and into the woods. She looked alert but not in the rut. Could already be bred. Still waiting for the first running does and bucks.

I rattled a little with no results. The landowner showed up to burn a brushpile and I went across the creek to rattle and sit. Lots of sign and freshly dug scrapes. I rattled and sat in my tree for an hour, then went up the creek and checked a scrape.

New young buck on the cam.

No comments: