Friday, August 15, 2008

Hearst Doubles


  The mail today included a Bronze Medal from the Hearst Doubles Match at Camp Perry.  Last year Justin Utley and I were 10th.  This year we were 15th.  I shot worse, Utley shot better.  I couldn't remember getting a medal last year, but we did.
  I put all my medals, pins, and name tags on an old canvas shooting coat.  I put the score and date on the back.  Photo above.  There are two Hearst Doubles medals in there, a gold from last year and a bronze from this year.
  The Hearst Doubles match hadn't been shot in years and years.  The CMP fired it up again so they could have some match to shoot during Whistler Boy, an all-juniors match.  NRA owns WB.  CMP wasn't going to let all those shooters just hang around and guzzle free gatorade on Commercial Row.  We were shooting on Viale while the Juniors were on Rodreigez.
  Maybe I ought to wear my coat somewhere.  Are the Russians having a reception?

2 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

Full metal jacket.

Unknown said...

You would fit right in with the Russians and their fondness for medals.