Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finishing prints

Yesterday I got the last color inkjets and made three terrific prints in my darkroom. That's the end. This morning I went in to flatten and spot. Using Spot Pens, (warmtone), and painting those images heavily. I knock the white dots shut and smooth up the photos. You would never notice it unless you compared it with an unspotted print but then it was a dramatic difference. Color ones got it too. It's like dodging and burning: makes a huge difference but if they notice it, you overstepped.

Put the negs in an archival box from Light Impressions and labled them. Probably never be printed or looked at again. Too bad. It was a tour de force of photographing nothing but sticks and leaves. Maybe a grad student working on their dissertation will find me after I am gone.

The lab is set up, chemicals stocked, plenty of paper, I'm at the top of my game. Need another project.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

What about a series on the shooting? There are plenty of interesting things, views, angles, etc. that occur on and off the line...

Anonymous said...

Old abused street lights from gas lamps and mercury vapors to halogen stuff.