Friday, September 18, 2009

An Errand up North

The redhead and I are in Maine on an errand over a long weekend. Got to walk on the rocky beach today where not one pebble of my rock cairns remains. Still plenty of gulls.

Flew into Boston and drove to Olgunquit and stayed at the Norseman motel where the novel 'The Stand" begins. Our favorite beach.

No guns. I bought a NY Times to see if they mentioned the ACORN scandal. They didn't, just like their reputation. Incredible.

Casual dress by America all the way up. Nice to see the country though I didn't see Camp Perry under cloud cover when we went over. I did wave at Breda.

Tide in, tide out. I'm telling you, Texans wouldn't stand for this for a second!

Update: Errand done in fine style, the redhead is now Mrs Redhead. Sailed across the bay to a gorgeous spot where preparations had been made, Katie put on a hot wedding dress down in the cabin, Mark Baldwin stood up with us and read us our rights and then we champagned and lunched until it was time to sail back to Blue Hill Marina. Marriage? So far, so good....

9 comments:

Old NFO said...

They don't call them Mainiacs up there for nothing... :-) Have you been told yet that you, "can't get thera from hera..."

Borepatch said...

As a former Maniac, let me offer my congratulations and best wishes.

Portland's Old Port is fun for bar hopping, if you have time.

breda said...

an errand, huh? :)

Anonymous said...

Darn it. Breda beat me to it. An errand indeed! Congratulations!

May you have nothing but smooth sailing ahead.

Robin said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Congratulations and much happiness for many years to come.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and much happiness in your future.

Anonymous said...

Well Done! She is a lucky woman and you are a fortunate man. Bring her to Perry next year.
Lazarus Long

d smith kaich jones said...

Pictures up at my place. :)