Sunday, July 5, 2009

Rebel without a parking space

An old High School classmate friend of mine. Taking on the local LEOs who promptly start vomiting up excuses and illegal policy. Everyone has a better story than a teenager caught with a cup of beer in his hand.

1. The dog ate my homework. Yes you called, we don't know WHAT happened. Probably all the units were too busy protecting freedom and fighting crime.
2. The dispatcher screwed up. But we'll talk harshly to them! Soon! Or maybe we already did!
3. We don't ticket other agencies. I think they're supposed to ticket themselves.
4. We don't ticket our own officers, but we think somebody does, somewhere.
5. No POINT in ticketing our own officers, because what happens to them is WORSE than a ticket! They get a VERY harsh talking to!
6. We're confused? You parked in a handicapped space and didn't get a ticket? And you called us and nobody came?
7. He was parked in the space on official business, even though he was off duty and at home.
8. These aren't the droids you are looking for.

The revolution breaks out in unusual ways and places. I know Cindy. These folks aggravate a 50 year old cane-walking woman at their extreme peril.

They don't ticket cars from other agencies? (Can we get a list of other offenses you wave off for them?) Could we see that policy in writing please, and have Sheriff Smith, Chief Swindle Justice of the Peace Quincy Beavers explain why it would be legal? And good?

Cindy calls it: "They don't think what is good for the goose isn't always good for the gander."
How about that Tyler Courier Times Sunday edition on this? Front page story and above the fold?

Update: Looking at the post below and this one my bias is obvious. I like the same rules for everyone. This isn't how modern America works. I guess the key is becoming part of a identity group that has special privileges.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once saw a man take the keys from a patrol car left running in the handicap parking place at the Post Office. He then threw them up on the roof of the building and drove away.

The officer had just went into the building to buy stamps and mail his personal mail.

I waited to see the reaction. The officer approached me and asked if I saw what happened. I told him I would give him 5 minutes to figure out how to move the car before I called the station.

About 4 other folks started in on him and he climbed up to the roof, retrieved the keys and left in a huff.

I shot trained with several officers from that department and let them know what had happened. They had a Come to Jesus meeting with him that evening.

The officer in question left soon afterwords to work for the PA State Police.

I doubt he learned a thing

Doc said...

I know Cindy, too. I don't think this is the end of this.

Word verification was equal. How fitting.

Old NFO said...

Hope it doesn't end there... "most" agencies I know would NOT be happy with that behavior no way no how...

WV- gotit