Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gun Nuts Radio in a couple hours.

Gun nuts tonight. I'm going to be on during one of the segments to talk about Camp Perry.

Just in from shooting 50 rounds standing. 20 with the AR and ten each with the K31, Springfield 1903 and the Garand.

Lovely rifles to shoot standing. Shot first with the AR, then the other three rifles, then one more ten string with the AR. Shooting match loads with the rifle I will use. 99X3 and 98X4 with the AR offhand at 200. Somehow I was relaxing my front arm in a different way. Very steady. Easy to shoot 'em in there.
Hope to shoot well at Perry.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Dang! That's good! I'd need a rest to do that... :-(

Anonymous said...

Do you then clean each rifle everyday after shooting them? Seems like a lot of work. Would there be a reason to leave some copper or lead or dirt for consistency?

Robert Langham said...

Well...I don't clean mine everytime. We usually shoot the matches with minimal cleaning, though I do give the AR bolt a little work a couple time during the week. Daily I pull the firing pins and wipe them down. Lube.
I also talk nicely to them.