Monday, July 13, 2009

Daily Deer Damage

Younger Doe with fawn. She just wasn't bringing it in. Looks very healthy.

Fawn is eating a little corn. Probably will come in from now on.

This doe has a fawn shown in an earlier post. I mentioned the white mark on her neck. Look at that mark and her side through several images.

I think she has escaped another attack. The cut down her side shows more today than yesterday. That tracks earlier does I have watched.

I don't think this is the Cat-Cut doe from earlier. That doe ALSO has a fawn. Looks like three does with three fawns. Alan says the breeding rate is 98% or so.

If it was just on top, I would think fence. If it involved bone I would think car. This looks like running out of the grasp of a cat of some kind. Lotta big Bobcats around. Don't know if they would tackle a doe or not. Probably so if they were big and experienced.

Update: The Good Doctor Sneed has enticed a doe into coming to his yard for a little corn. Nothing like having your own deer herd. Very satisfying! Coons, crows, jays, squirrels, rabbits....not so much, but deer: Graze my lovelies, graze!

UpdateII: Yesterday I poured out more than usual by half. It was nearly all gone at midday today when I went by again early. And the observation deck guys had been there most of the working hours of the morning.


No comments: