Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Daily Deercam.

Big doe and three yearling fawns. Two of them may be nubbin bucks. In the rain.

Little doe with black dot skin tag behind her eye.

Another shot of the same doe. The skin tag seems to be growing.

Rabbits in the rain. Welcome to some corn.

First mature buck of the season. Rut must be over and he is wandering looking for does in heat in the middle of the day.

This was about as good as it got, though I didn't see many of his generation. None in person. Year and a half. MAYBE 2 12 year old. Wasn't a good antler year, though locally they did have water and an operational creek bottom.

Over 500 images on my cam. Doesn't take long to download them or edit. I just saved eight or so. I went out at about 4 and sat until the moon was throwing shadows. Had a big doe and a fawn come browsing through at about 4:20. Two raccoons in the dusk. The coyotes close across the creek tuned up and another pack just up the creek joined in just as it got dark. 39 degrees. Nearly a full moon tonight. I scattered corn after I got down, swapped cam cards back in the brush by the light of my iphone.

No comments: