Friday, September 26, 2008

TSRA Garand Championship

 Garand, M1 Carbine, Springfield 1903 and Vintage Military Match this weekend at Temple.

  Just back from the range and zeroing my Garand, (new barrel) Springfield, (new front post),  M1 Carbine, (new ammo).  Not shooting very well.  I can't tell if it's me or the rifles.  I didn't bother to shoot my K31 Swiss.  It's squared away.

  No new re-stocking the Garand, though it was very close.  I want to switch the 1903A3 to a stock with a pistol grip.  The CMP says they are going to start selling them.  Boyds sells them now.

  We'll see how it all turns out.  The chance to shoot your old iron is a wonderful thing!

  TSRA Calendar arrived in the mail.  Looks OK.

2 comments:

Adam said...

What range do you usually go to?

Good luck.

~A.

Robert Langham said...

We are going to shoot this at Temple Gun Club, temple Texas.

Panola County Gun Club is my home range, though I practice at 31 West in Tyler.