Saturday, September 20, 2008

End of Summer


 The mower is dead again.  The weather has been good since Ike so the central air rarely runs.  The house and neighborhood is quiet and you don't have that sense of money going down a drain as the meter spins.  I chopped two treetops full of overgrown vines, bushes and branches out of 94-year-old-across-the-street Mary Burton's yard and dumped them in the creek.  My new CMP Garand stock is sitting in the morning sun out back of my studio baking the Boiled Linseed Oil finish.  All the ants are poisoned.  I need to check deercams.  I'm resisting bidding on an 8X10 Deardorff on Ebay.   It's Saturday.  The Republican Party is dead.  The Texas coast is ruined.  I have a two door locks that need fixing and a gutter to clean out.  The East Texas Fair is in town.  I passed on a second cup of coffee at Bradys.
  I feel a little aimless this morning.  Good thing I'm enlightened.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When you make the first print from the first Deardorf negative, you'll be glad you own it, no matter what you have to pay for it.
The "reserve" has not been met at $750.00, seems like a lot to me but it sure would be nice to have.

Robert Langham said...

Missed it. Even 976.00 didn't hit the reserve. Probably at 1K.
I've got lenses. Would make some nice palladium contacts.