Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ike-ing Our Way Through Saturday

   Power flickers now and then, just enough to reset the computer.  Listening to battery local radio.  Eye is about 20 miles south.  Splattering rain.  Wind hasn't topped 40 here and usually isn't much.  It seems to be just swirling around.  Creek handling the flow.
  So, I slept in while the Redhead taught a class.  Most of them didn't show.  Big crowd at Brady's coffee to read paper full of old news.  Hasn't the internet just kicked butt on the daily newspaper?   Yes, we can!  Hung out for a bagels worth, then back home.  Redhead is watching a movie.  I think I'm going to make some ammo or go to the darkroom and work some film.  Just a rainy day, so far, and not a heck of a lot of rain.
  Dr. Sneed and I are emailing back and forth from College Station.  I think he's swilling wine. watching the storm and generally being one with his inner bum.  
  Len in Houston is out of power I expect but I bet he has dry cats.
  Calls all around.  Daughter.  Mom.  Alan.  Everyone standing by but not much going on.  Just another messy, rainy fall day.  
  Hell, I was THERE!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And why didn't you just go to Lock-n-load and get some trigger time on your Sig? They were up and going with a CHL class.

Robert Langham said...

Dr. Sneed has the sig. Would have been some fun to shoot but we have had a full day! More to come I think.

d smith kaich jones said...

What movie?

Robert Langham said...

Lawdy Them Rings.

smithkaichjones said...

Yes BABY! I my ownself was sprawled half-awake on the couch, watching Dr. Zhivago, which I admit I have NEVER made it through. I have no idea what happens at the end.

Anonymous said...

Well I did end up going to Lock-n-load. Burned up 200 rounds of 9mm through my Glcok 26. Tried to go work out at World Gym but they wimped out and closed for the day. Tomorrow will be a very good, hopefully sunny, day!