Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Daily Deercam

Big doe from across the creek at the lake. Look at the depth of that chest. We can shoot a doe between Thanksgiving and the Sunday after this year. Does haven't been shot in Smith County since.....ever. I expect there are going to be some really old does taken.

Doe and buck fawn. I moved this camera to a fresh scrape.

Both deercams online at the lake. I had one go bad and the rains restricted access to the other. Today I moved one and got across the creek to the other. Fresh corn on both. The weeds are head high from the rain. Hunting is going to be wild and woolly.

The tree I used last year to shoot a nice big buck had a huge triple vine of poison ivy going right up the climbing pegs. I used a stick to peel it back and stomped it down.

The cam I moved is on the ground close to a new scrape that was used last year. No place to mount it. It's on the ground. Started to hang it swinging free off a tree limb.

New scrapes since the rain and I saw one little pine destroyed by a rub. It's starting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanging a deer cam wont work. The little things detect motion. Either theirs or the world around it will trigger the picture. I once put a cam on a little pine tree about 6 inches around. Got lots of empty pictures with that technique when the wind picked up.

Old NFO said...

Must be nice to actually be able to get ready for the season...sigh... :-)

Anonymous said...

Some of us stay ready.