Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Deer Hunting 2010






130 Sierra GameKing Jacket just under the skin on the exit side. The lead core went on through.





Three sets of deer came by. All focused on my buck decoy. This buck crossed with a doe and stopped a little too long to display. It's the narrow-horned buck. very handsome animal. Fell in his tracks to one shot from the Ruger #1 7mm Mauser. Fell exactly where the big buck went down two years ago. Nice 3 1/2 year old. Two does and two fawns snorted at it from inside the woodline and then came out to investigate. Monday morning a little buck periscoped in and out of the tall grass but kept a distance. Then this buck crossed following a doe who bobbed her head at it for a minute or so.

Sorry he is gone. Always gives me the blues for a day or two after shooting a nice buck. Skull nearly boiled out and ready for the wall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I too used to get the blues after shooting a buck or two. I finally figured out that it was because then all my tags were gone and I had to wait a whole year before I could shoot another one. No more though. Thank God for MLD !

A.

Old NFO said...

Good buck though, and food for the table!

Tam said...

You have the classiest taste in shootin' irons. :)