Monday, June 21, 2010

In Albuquerque.


I always make a beeline for the Double Rainbow coffeeshop. Of course, it hasn't been the Double Rainbow in this century. Its now the Flying Star. Great snacks and coffee. Diverse magazine collection on the racks. Unisex bathrooms. I used to get to New Mexico, pack the rent SUV at the airport, head for the Double Rainbow and start calling people and mocking them: "I'm at the Double Rainbow in Albuquerque and you aren't."
Across Central Avenue from Kurt's Camera Corral where I pick through old camera stuff. I've bought several old lenses there. Got a good cable release in a blister pack right off the rack this trip. Needed a back-up. Wandered down the block to Camera & Darkroom to look and bought two nice 5X7 holders. Also hit a gun store that has a big used selection. On Central Ave a few blocks farther East. Always worth a look.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'll add that place to my list! Thanks!

Jerry said...

Did you happen to notice if Ron Peterson had any AR15 lowers?