Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily Deercam

Couple of young, dumb bucks hanging out together and bopping around. They will be bigger next year.

I see this look a lot.

Mighty Mouse.

Doe and nubbin buck fawn from last year.

He's rubbing the licking branch over an old scrape.


She probably ran him off during the rut. Now back together. She probably is carrying twins. I love these kind of moments you get to see on deercam. Every time I start to relocate this cam I get some amazing photo I would have hated to miss.

Creek running a flood. Tough to get across even jumping to the fallen tree in the middle. I threw a rechargeable lantern battery to the far side and had to watch it roll back down the bank and ker-plunk in the water. It was about done anyway.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Nice pics! Dinner on the hoof (literally) for next year!

Anonymous said...

I think I would try and dry the battery out. Turn it upside down in the sun for a couple of days and then reverse. I would however keep it inside on some newspaper to keep it warm. Hope it helps.

A.