Monday, March 9, 2009

Redheaded Reading

  The Redhead is expanding her consciousness yet again.  She decided to read a little Heinlein.  We scored a copy of "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" and "Starship Troopers"  I hadn't read them since I was a teenager so I burned through both of them yesterday.  I'm impressed with how revolutionary Heinlein is.  The Redhead is impressed.  The cat is impressed.  Very impressive.

  Reminds me of contemporary revolts.  Wonder how many Tea Party folks have read a little Heinlein?

  Ayn Rand, Heinlein.  What's next...Philip Jose Farmer?


4 comments:

Tim Covington said...

If you don't mind reading books on a computer screen, you might want to try the following website:
http://www.webscription.net/s-59-robert-a-heinlein.aspx

They've got several Heinlein books at $5 each.

PeterT said...

Orson Scott Card.... Ender's Game

Anonymous said...

"Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you run I'll shoot you myself."

Drill Sargeant in Starship Troopers

Is that not the guy you'd want on your side when the bad stuff was happening?

Fletch said...

I just picked up my copy of "the moon..." after finishing starship troopers. Looking forward to starting it.