Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mouse Muerto-ing

  Couple of cheap traps and catfood, then velveeta and now the real killer- pinches of old leftover pizza.  The works.  The Good Doctor and I brought a pizza back from the only Italian restaurant in Clarkville (on the square)  It lives in the lakehouse refrigerator and it's killed more mice than....well, poison.  Pizza is so lethal that I found one unmarked mouse dead BESIDE the sprung trap.  Must be fright.  Pizza fright.
  Close to the lake drive a Redtail crossed the windshield the other day, dropped into waist-deep briar and came pumping out with a mouse.  Very impressive targeting and a nice piece of aviation.  He glared at me from a pine limb while I watched with 10X binocs, then decided to dine in private.  Good looking adult bird.  Probably a male.  Smallish.  Hens are bigger.
  According to my calculations I have enough pizza left to kill 12 nautical tons of mice.
  Racking them up.  If I had been skinning them out I would have enough for a jacket.  I must report that dead mice have very odd expressions on their faces.  Reminds one of dead mimes.  Giving them quick Christian funeral services, then cremation.  Hope they are all Mouse Methodists or something close.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. 125 Copperhead Snakes per acre. Snakes eat mice. Traps baited with pizza kill mice.

Could it logically follow that Pizza kills copperheads too?

Anonymous said...

You are going to need a bigger pizza!

d smith kaich jones said...

Dear God. I need bigger, better boots. Cute ones, though.

noor said...


نقل عفش من جدة الى دبي نقل عفش من جدة الى دبي


نقل عفش من الدمام الى الرياض نقل عفش من الدمام الى الرياض
ارخص نقل عفش بمكة ارخص نقل عفش بمكة
نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن نقل عفش من جدة الى الاردن
نقل عفش