Friday, June 12, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.


  An important year milestone for me.  I've outlived my dad.  I was born not only on the 13th, but on a Friday, the 13th.  No knife-men in scream masks though.  I'm going to celebrate and make tomorrow special by doing what I do every day:  going through this wonderful routine of life.  Maybe I'll check deercams, take photos and splurge by buying some good deer corn.  I bet the redhead gets me coffee in the morning, just like every morning!

Update: Maybe I'll get some of these gold pants.

Update:  I measure time from the first of the year more than from birthday to birthday.  Even Camp Perry to Camp Perry is more of a marker.  When I was in a struggling through a long a miserable marriage I used to ask myself if things were better or worse than a year before at Christmas, New Year, Birthday, anniversary, et.
  Important to keep a few milestones in sight.

Update:  As Ansel Adams used to say, if you are going to get old, then get old as hell!

Update III:  If you want to know your station in life, check your birthday presents.  Mom made me a chocolate cake, daughter called and Taco Wacco sang me happy birthday and gave me a buttermilk pie at lunch.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday !

Allan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I've always liked the number 13 myself, it being the number of colonies and states that we started out with.

Paladin said...

Happy Birthday, Neighbor :)

Borepatch said...

Happy birthday! I hope your deer left you something. ;-)

Megan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. LANGHAM!

AND that video truelly made my day! I've watched it about 5 times now in the last 20 minutes!

catfish said...

Sorry I missed this!

Hope it was a great day and a fantastic year to come.