Saturday, June 13, 2009

Chemical Warfare

  I don't know why this kind of stuff tickles me, but it does.

  Little buck.

  These guys are going to be easy to recognize.

  The twins.

  Rainy night at the cam.

  In night photos of raccoons eating my cam corn, I see clouds of mosquitos buzzing around.  I'm using Deep Woods OFF!, though the woods aren't really that deep.  Besides OFF! I decided to do a little trail poisoning with RoundUP!  So far I've misted through two 4.50 bottles on my cam trail.  Going to see if it rolls back the poison ivy.  Can't hurt.
  Fawn tracks in the sand on the way to one cam and I saw a fawn running into cover.  Big deer tracks slipping and sliding at the creek crossing.  93 degrees this afternoon.

3 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

Well, I laughed right out loud.

And PS - Happy birthday! Rumor has it you have lots of cake.

:) Debi

Anonymous said...

You might add a squirt of liquid dishwashing detergent to your roundup. It makes the chemical stay on the leaves and not slide off. The cheapest way to poison weeds (when they're not in your yard) is diesel fuel and dawn dishwashing detergent.

About an ounce of dawn to 2 gallons of diesel. You need to use a pump sprayer to get the most benefit out of it and dont smoke during application. Good for trails, fence rows anywhere you want it to kill whatever greenery it touches. Very low environmental impact otherwise. Way cheaper than roundup too.

Unknown said...

"this kind of thing" tickles me to.