Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Air France Black Boxes: the over and under.

  Lost.  Water miles deep.  Mountains under there.  Huge debris field.  Rough seas.  Clock ticking.  Probably never be found.

  Bull.  The US Navy has arrived.  I predict they will fetch those black boxes off the undersea floor in a day or two.  Who the heck do you think they are dealing with?  The Tenerif Armed Forces?  The Peruvian Coastal Patrol?  The Joint Naval Forces of the Turks and Caicos?  Hell's Bell's, this is the US Navy we are talking about.  Some ensign remote apparatus driver will have them stuffed in a stainless steel basket before you can pipe Davy Jones out of his locker.  Book it.

Update:  The Brazilian Navy?  Are you kidding me?  I wouldn't send them out to fetch a floating bale of marijunana.  Are they sober?  I'm sure they are wearing thong speedos with great tans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely, my passport is expired. On the other hand, aren't we all citizens of the world now? Why can't I walk to Amsterdam, as long as I don't vote?