Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DEAD COW CAM, Wednesday, March 10

Little Coyote. One flash and she was gone. Couldn't have been very hungry.

Early shift of Black Vultures. Note the black heads.

Really working the exposed meat.

Turkey Vultures show up.

Might be a little dominance display to back the Black Vultures off.

The little Coyote woman at 11:00pm. She left after the flash. Early shift of Black Vultures showed up followed by some Turkey Vultures about 45 minutes later.
I moved the cam to the South side, looking North for better light and gave it a lot of elevation. 208 files on the cam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

February is the time of year that coyotes typically bear their young. There is probably a den around there somewhere with a bunch of happy little song dogs in it.

STxRynn said...

I am amazed. I don't know that I've ever seen the reduction of a carcass documented like this. I appreciate it. Many is the time I've stood in the cold morning with my back to the sun like a buzzard. Most interesting to watch them work.

Thanks for the education.