Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day Two: Texans munching on free popcorn.

I'm on Commercial Row at Camp Perry in Springfield Armory and that's what I see. Drive all the way to Ohio for the freebies. Except for the pen I just stole from Rock River, that's the first freebie of the trip.

We're here: inprocessed, as they say. I have a nametag on my hat and scorecards in the truck.

Most of today, now feeling like a past life, was spent at the Air Force Museum in Dayton. I didn't make it out of Early Aviation and WWII. I refused to hurry so I'm still 70 years behind. I did get to look over a AKM Zero, a P38 Lightning and one of the great planes of the war, the FW 190. P51, P40, B17, B29, Thunderbolt...all there as well. I didn't carry a camera or keep my head down reading the signage. I looked at the planes. Kind of spoils you for what looked like a great gift shop.....I don't want a model...I'd rather fly the planes.

Ohio looks the same, but more empty storefronts. Got that feeling of the Obama years coming on. There was a barn with his name and logo painted on it along the highway....surrounded by collapsed buildings, rubble, trash.

He is the hippest president. That must be the solace.

No powder or primers on Commercial Row. Varget overpriced by the pound. Expensive bullets that make you pick up the box and whistle at the price. Blem Rock River Stripped AR lowers.....but only FFLs or Ohio residents can buy them. That's new and troublesome.

I'm going to go get some more pens. Good government is closing in.

Glad to be here, (or anywhere). Squadded practice tomorrow.

Gotta go, dinner calling.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Shoot em good Robert! And yeah, a dose of the NEW reality is upon us...

d smith kaich jones said...

And just wait till you see what your house looks like when you get home!! :) SOOOO cool!!!!

Robin said...

Yep, new ATF interpretation of stripped lowers is that they are NOT "long guns" and thus not saleable to non-residents.

breda said...

Yay! you're in Breda-land now!