Monday, December 7, 2009

Deer in town

I'm the last person to be surprised at deer in town, after all, I think I have the top two biggest bucks ever killed in the city limits around here somewhere, but I'm not talking about a brushy part of town, contiguous with some creekbottom winding into urbania. This doe is reported just a few blocks from here in the middle of nowhere, deer-wise.

It's not the time of year for a doe to be separated from the herd. Not like the Spring when they find a private place to fawn in.

But these neighbors are reliable. They have a doe they have seen twice in their back yard right here in the Azalea District. I'm tempted to quit mowing the side yard and put up a feeder.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

LOL, why not? That way you can get one out the bedroom window :-)