Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Daily Deercam

Lake cam doe.

Fawn stuff. Getting two in a frame now and then.

They get big and fast quick. Another month and they will be a lot more predator proof.

Classic ear wiggle.

Doe with grab and slash marks down the side.

Younger Doe. Quite a difference in coloration.

Two photos of two does in the same spot. See the healing grab and slash marks on the top doe? And how much longer her face looks? I think she's a little taller as well. Older.

Workmen are nearly finished with the observation deck. Doesn't seem to bother the deer. Big rain last night and I didn't get out to feed them until this evening in town. I'm sure they are chowing down now that it's dark. I can smell the wood of the new construction. I'm sure they can smell corn as soon as I pour it out.

Mistakenly cleared a card at the lake and lost the files from across the creek. Twins and coons probably. Reset everything. Had to cross the full creek at the upstream crossing. Moccasin coiled under the long grass at the last step where you plant your boot to jump across. Nice dark one. I stamped the ground to get him to move but he didn't want to go into the fast water. Took some convincing before he tried upstream, then downstream finally. I didn't want to lose track of him. I had to come back over at the same spot. He didn't seem to get very excited so I didn't either.

No comments: