Monday, July 27, 2009

Breda putting out rounds with a Standard Products M1 Carbine.

One shot with Remington softpoint hunting ammo. 60 yards.

It's cute, but kind of snappy to shoot. Used it to shoot a doe a couple years ago. Never won the TSRA Carbine Championship though I have been close. I restocked it from the original cartouched stock to a CMP new replacement. It's a little tighter. Hope it's shooting better.

I think I have five of the dang things, all CMP guns that were re-arsenaled and then stored from 1953 to 2003. The CMP couldn't sell them to clubs and finally offered them to individuals for about 325.00 I think. Bought a few. Original stocks and lots of early features. I'm sure they are worth more now.

5 comments:

Borepatch said...

$325?!?

Sigh.

Old NFO said...

Dang... I missed out then, and I'm sure as hell not paying $1000+ for a POS they are selling now...

Anonymous said...

$600 and a 6 month wait from the CMP now.

EmmaPeel said...

Unless you are luckily like me and live less than 2 hours from the store. We got two earlier this year for $425 I think. Maybe $475. Anyway, I love them. I'd love details on the Remington ammo used to kill the doe. I'd love to use this to hunt with the peep sights.

Robert Langham said...

Emma: Just linked you on my blogroll.