Friday, November 4, 2011

Deer Season 2011.

This doe was on my other cam near the house. He saw the cam and turned in his tracks.

Look how blocky he looks compared to the 1 1/2 year old youngster.

Tomorrow the tree-sitting and treeline-watching begins. Dr. Sneed is driving up right now. We'll be in the woods in the morning. Not much on the deercams but little bucks and does but I'm sure the big ones are around.

Panola is shooting the monthly Highpower match. Hate missing that. I'll only shoot once if I shoot at all. Over there they will get to shoot standing, sitting, prone, 200, 300 and 600 yards. Big fun.

Nothing this morning but some rioting does. Beautiful starlit skies early. Very impressive. I hadn't been in my pine tree since I shot a nice buck out of it last year. My pillow had been sapped on and the screw-in climbing lugs have sunk into the bark.

Back this afternoon. Nice buck on cam below the hill and across the creek. A lot of very alert looking does.

Deliberated over rifles.....finally packed my 7X57 Ruger single shot. Left the new Remington 700 leaning on the bookshelf.

No comments: