Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Morning Sunday Papers

In a year or two it will be a moot point. There won't BE any papers, Sunday or otherwise, but today the redhead and I hit a new breakfast place and I, a common consumer tried to buy a paper.
I wanted a Dallas Morning News. Three bucks. In quarters. That's twelve coins that you have to round up. I managed to do that, but then the machine-full of papers, wouldn't open. It gave the money back as I ran the process three times to be sure. In fact, it spit up quarters like a slot machine but it wouldn't give me an overpriced newspaper. I settled for a 1.75 Tyler Morning Telegraph. At least it's machine would work.
And you know what? The paper was awful.
I don't know why I am bothering. Couple of columnists. Stale news. Bad photos. Incomplete stories. I'd already read Dilbert on the web. If you want real news you have to go online anyway. One of these days soon I won't bother and shortly afterwards the papers will be gone.

1 comment:

Tim Covington said...

The Dallas Morning News isn't worth the money anyways. There are so many ads, you can't find anything worth reading.