Monday, September 21, 2009

More various errands


Another marriage service today, this time a legal one in the Ellsworth, Maine river Gazebo. Said gazebo was a picnic spot for a local group of sheltered home folks, so we got really authentic and charming idiots as audience and witnesses. Service performed by Mike Povitch, the local DA. Nice enough guy and we got to wear our fancy duds again, though, in a fit of helpfulness and simplicity, I had agreed to wear whatever Mrs. Redhead picked out. Ended up in a white shirt with no pockets and, (I realized when we were at a turnout later at Acadia National Park), embroidered.

Dang. There ain't any tough guys, even Mexican, who wear embroidered shirts. I changed before we got to Cadillac Mountain. Looked like a gay waiter in a fancy spritzer water bar.

Acadia nice enough though I don't understand some of the easy stuff. They cut grass at the National Park but they won't cut trees that are degrading the overlook views? Hardly a turnout along the park roads that you can see from due to treetops. Saw the infamous Thunder Hole. Woods in terrible shape. Tinderfied.

Great weather. Heading home tomorrow. Teaching Wednesday. Be glad to see my own guns again. Did zap a squirrel for Mark today under his feeder on the back ledge.

5 comments:

Borepatch said...

Good time of year for Acadia. I agree on the overgrown bit. I remember growing up in the 1960s, and half the island burned down. That gives 40+ years for the forest to get overgrown again.

Old NFO said...

Pictures? I gotta see that shirt... :-) And Congrats to you and Red!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh in the old spaghetti westerns those shirts were known as Mexican wedding shirts (I think). Square tail, worn out, embroidered, white. Gotta see a picture of that. Sweet.

Garry said...

I should tell you,I went through your post and thought if you are a professional writer! Good post dear,I liked your observations.

Robin said...

A guyabera is a very masculine shirt.

Or not.