Monday, September 7, 2009

Museum exhibition

Wrapping up my part of the show by finishing the printing this week. I can go in the darkroom and do about a 10 sheet pack of 20X24 paper in a session. Takes about five hours to get them washed, toned and drying on the racks. Did my part for the day today got spotting and flattening done as well. Still at least two unprocessed 5X7 negs that I would like to print for the show.

Using Ilford doublweight fiber multigrade, Harman warmtone developer and some very well behaved HP5 plus 5X7 negatives. I think I like the X-tol developed negatives the best. I think.

Busy fall.

Update: back out for a couple of negatives late this afternoon. Re-shot a couple of scenes and looked around. Mixing X-tol to process in the morning. Shot mostly Ilford HP5 but also a little old Tri-X which was dead in HC110. Well see how it looks in the X-tol. Found the jawbones of the big beaver, but still no skull. Three files on the cam card. I didn't even pull it. Heck of a snake track on the big sandbar. VERY impressive.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Much better than the option Robert!

catfish said...

I believe I'm going to have to make a trip out Tyler way this fall when the exhibit is going....

Ritchie said...

When Xtol first came out, one of the ingredients was an ascorbate compound, related to vitamin C. Reading a recent package, this seems not to be the case any more. Don't know if anyone much noticed, or if it makes much difference in the results. Certainly not at my skill level.