Thursday, October 23, 2008

TSRA Service Rifle Championship

 Three days at Camp Swift near Austin.  We stay in the barracks so it's one of the cheaper and more convenient matches...once you load the ammo, round up the junior, pack, gas up, do all the errands, take a day off, get the rifles cleaned and set, refresh the deercams, et, et, et.

  Roping 10,000 demons.

  But I'm just about set.  Just finished off the Kid's ammo this second.  Waiting on lunch.

  Might be the last few years of these matches.  They would be easy to kill off by an Obama administration which is going to bring a huge number of anti-gun bureaucrats and politicians into office.  Obama personally hates firearm ownership, based on his previous actions, so I would expect to see the Second Amendment attacked directly and indirectly.

  On a job yesterday and the phone in my pocket rang.  It was the Republicans wanting money.  Usually I rake them over the coals for Bush and Rove destroying the party as the home to small-government conservatives.  I know they are just phone bank folks but they do chat up the food chain a bit.  This time I gave them 100.00.

  Interesting times, watching the end of the Republic.  Glad to be able to take Betsy and shoot these few days.  I bet it's coming to an end as we descend into darkness.  Looks like the American People are going to choose Big Brother or let Acorn and the media choose Big Brother for them, and these are the kind of folks who, once chosen, don't permit future choices.

  Hate to see Betsy, my Garand and Springfield 03-A3 crushed, plus the pistol Bill carried in WWII over France and Germany.  Especially for the children.

Update:  Three days with 100 other shooters, the wind and my rifle.  Nirvana.  Out the door.

2 comments:

d smith kaich jones said...

Thought you'd appreciate this. I noticed over at my blog that someone had exited from me over here to you @ Blackfork. Someone who visits me pretty regularly. I then clicked on the link to her blog to see what she was up to, cause I honestly couldn't remember if she was a political person or a person of the gun or what, and guess what? I'm now blocked from her blog!! :) Isn't that hilarious?!!! You so bad!!!!

Robert Langham said...

And I was wondering if I was featuring enough guns and deer.....