Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1903-A3 Front Sight


  It helped.  High enough so that I could get the rear peep sight up the ladder.  Wide enough to make a sight picture.  I think it's .o72.  The standard sights, especially worn ones, look like a toothpick at the end of the barrel.   I ordered it off the internet but Louis Lamarouex is making them.  I think you can find him through the Temple Club.  Easy install.  15 bucks.

  Did I mention that I won the Vintage Rifle Championship for the third time?  Well, I won the Vintage Rifle Championship for the third time.  With a 284X4.  The Swiss K31 strikes again with Swiss GP11 ammo.

  I also noticed that my carbine score from 2006 was the same score Don Tryce won with this year.  360X4.  And I got beat by a point in 2006.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your Vintage rifle win. Three in a row!
OOORAH!
Another reminder that I have to get out to ventilate some paper

Anonymous said...

Oh, and those K-31's are Alpine death with the GP-11. I have one myself. I'd be hard pressed to choose between it and my Garand.

Robert Langham said...

Alpine Death. That's a nice way to put it. I think I have bought four of these rifles. One had a lot of left wind on the front sight. All I can imagine is that the pass that unit was defending HAD a lot of left wind blowing up the road.

Anonymous said...

I'm new to my K31, but am overwhelmed with what it can do. "Alpine Death" indeed. Did you come up with a sling strategy? I'm still working on that. Am also tempted by the diopter sight, but it looks like socks on a rooster.
Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

So, at future vintage matches, how many K31s will you see with the name "Alpine Death" stenciled on the sling? Thank you, Windy. With your permission I'll do just that.

L.Long

Anonymous said...

Alpine Death. Ach for the sweet smell of adelwiess. Nice machines the K31. Robert has video on Youtube of Gregg Foster shooting Roberts K31 at the nationals while he calls out the score in the background. Not bad for ammo that you can buy in paper battlepacks for about $35.00 per 200. For the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXy_9__xEf4

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous at 8:08
Where is the place where you cn get GP11 for the price you listed?

L.Long

Robert Langham said...

Usually GP11 is a deal at 40 bucks a 60 round paper packet worth, and THAT price might be history.

Gun show this weekend. I need to replace about 180 rounds. Last purchase was from Aimsurplus I think, or Ammoman. Better buy it when you find it.

Anonymous said...

Got mine at a gunshow about 6 months to a year ago. That was the price. Guy who sold it paid the tax, if any was due. I bought a few of those so I may have received a volume discount too but the tag still reads $ 35.

Anon the moose at 8:08

Anonymous said...

How does the accuracy of the Prvi Partisan 7.5x55 compare with the GP11?

L.Long

NotClauswitz said...

I shot the Privi and the GP and thought they were pretty similar, for as lousy shot as I am. I was most motivated by the reloadable brass.