Wednesday, October 1, 2008

TSRA M1 Carbine Championship


   Video up at the Blackfork6 Channel.  Andrew Trampus did the video work so it's a different oeuvre.  The TSRA M1 Carbine Championship was five sighting shots from any position and then 10 shots prone slow fire, 10 shots prone rapid fire, 10 shots sitting rapid fire and 10 shots standing slow fire at 100 yards.  400 points possible score.  Don Tryce won with a 360X4.  He always brags about his carbine being a National Match and it shows.  He repeated as champ.  I shot a 350 and was lucky to get those points.  My Standard Products shoots all over the target.  Katie Foster and her dad Gregg shot the same carbine which shot the next two high scores after Don's.  I think they shot 353 and 357.  That's a good-shooting carbine.  They just bought it this year from the CMP.  
  I've got four or five carbines but they had been re-arsenaled  and stored since 1953 when I bought them so this was the only one I shot.  Maybe I ought to try another one and retire this rifle.  
  I did kill a deer with it last year.  And a raccoon last month.  I shot Remington UMC.

No comments: