Monday, August 9, 2010

Personal best and personal stuff.

Rick, Jason, Dave the Aussie and I were on the far end, nearly in the wind shadow of Viale range for the 50 shot Rumbold Match. NRA so there were sighters. Rick and I pair fired standing at 200 and prone at 600. I shot what I THINK is a personal-best 490X22. I've shot a couple of 490s, but I don't think I shot 22 Xs.
Shot my match rifle. Much easier to shoot than the AR15. Should have shot even better. Great coaching on the wind by Crawford, as usual. Lucky to be able to hang out with him.
I'm happier when I shoot a good score, though I am working hard to be the same, all the time, regardless of exterior circumstances. I'll probably achieve that when I am....dead.

Walking to the big bath house barefoot wrapped in a frayed towel. Plan is: if you meet someone, just say "G'day Mate, and they will think you are one of the crazy Austrailians.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

That is outstanding Robert, congratulations!