Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of the Fall semester.

Kids off to school for the first time. I'll have a full classroom twice of mostly new Junior College students at TJC. It is a lot of responsibility though I am sure I worry about them more than its worth every year.

Update: Reasonable enough looking groups. Just a whiff of public education baking off. Early group is younger and the afternoon bunch full of working folks. They spread out and the ones sitting in the "hot seats" kind of blinked when I started heating up the chairs. They aren't prepared to have me working them like a blue heeler turned loose on a flock of sheep though...they will.

This is a rigorous course that requires engagement. You can't coast through it.

4 comments:

Earl said...

They will surely be so much better for being in those hot seats.

Robert Langham said...

Know more in a week.

Old NFO said...

LOL- That evokes nipping at the heels as necessary for the 'slower' ones...

Robin said...

My community college class (Business Law) does not begin for a week, and my email is already filling up with whining students.

Sheesh, the young of today ...