Sunday, October 18, 2009

Moultrie Game Cams.

A serious buck from last year. One frame, one time. The big bucks are notoriously camera shy.

Bubba. Looking at the red light blinking.

I'm cheap and I don't want to memorize too many operating systems. I like this cam a lot. Just can't find one at Academy or WalMart now. Wrong time of the year to be buying game cams.
Two of my multi-year veteran cams are having display board failure. I can't read the instructions anymore and one of them thinks all SD cards are locked when they aren't. Maybe I don't LIKE Moultries.....and I'm just being pig-headed.

I stuck with Moultries at first because you could use rechargeable lantern batteries. They seem to have moved away from those batts to using Ds. At the same time the Ds get a lot more life than they used to. It's not entirely a wash but much better than it used to be.

When you are down on one knee in the bottom with mosquitos whining in your ears and sucking blood out of your cheekbones while you punch through selections on a cam software program...believe me, you want a simple and fast operating system.

And folks can swipe cams, so you don't want 200.00 hanging on a tree somewhere.

Big bucks run at the red blinking light or the flash or both. They are cam-shy. Might help to tape up the red light, though I love the look of a deer looking closely at the blinking red light.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have to keep these things going if you want to see any really big bucks. They will more than likely be seen only at night coming to food and that is what draws them to the deercam now. On the other hand in November when the rut starts they will be checking out the does scent trails coming to the food/cameras and that is when you see the ones you've never seen before and may never see again, at least on camera. Good luck.