Thursday, October 1, 2009

I see dead people.

In traffic this morning the redhead and I were seeing stickers commemorating dead folks on the back and side windows of cars. Don't these have to be custom made? ( Tommy, 1971-2009 inside an angel motif.) Haven't seen any where the folks have gone to hell. Maybe those people don't get a sticker.

Perfectly happy to have cars decorated as the owners desire. Just seems odd. Kind of a new thing. Roadside shrines for traffic dead sprang up about 20 years ago and are now commonplace.

I've got a TSRA magnet on my car. I take it off when I am going to Austin or other liberal spots. Got my Landcruiser with a Distinguished Badge and NRA sticker keyed by haters on the UT campus once.

6 comments:

Patrick said...

Why is it that people on the far left of the spectrum feel free to vandalize the property of others in political protest? I don't go around keying every car I see with an "Obama for President" bumper sticker. I'd guess it's the general lack of respect for property rights on the far left.

(I have the misfortune to live in a particularly liberal area of New Jersey. I'd put an NRA sticker on my car, but I fear that I'd find it torched one day.)

Anonymous said...

Perhaps you are anticipating the opening of Woodie Harrelsons new movie Zombieland. The previews look hilarious.
http://www.zombieland.com/clips/

Unknown said...

1. Stickers, make a devil one. In the form of a LIO cartoon.

2. Keying a NRA stickered vehicle? That's LOT of nerve. Well I guess a better word might be s_____d.

Some of the neighborhoods I go through I NEED one of those, in large size.

Tim Covington said...

I have seen damaging vehicles done to people on the left and right (it's the reason there are no stickers proclaiming any views on my truck). To me, it shows the vandals lack of ability to rationally handle opposing view points.

crs said...

I work at UT and have a NRA and TSRA stickers on my truck. Nobody has keyed it since I started working there a year ago.

PeterT said...

CRS,

Do you have a UT employee parking sticker on your vehicle? If so, I bet this makes a difference. Most vandals are cowards and won't mess with someone who is there all the time and might be able to come after them......