Saturday, October 10, 2009

Daily Deercam

Bubba Buck.


He's such a nice looking guy I went back and added some files.

I think he's annointing the scrape here.

Doe with great tongue action along with a buck fawn and a doe fawn. She'll be a hot property in a week.

A little gland rubbing action.

Digging up the scrape. Nice looking buck. 2 1/2 probably. Too young for me but his antlers are big enough to be legally shot. Hope he is careful.

Grunting at the doe. Very impressive. First time I have seen him on cam. Going to have to name him. Bubba, I think.

When it comes right down to it, he isn't that smart.

Walked all around the bottom at the lake at mid-day. Fresh scrapes around, (where the deer dig up the dirt and make a scent patch) but few rubs, (where the bucks rub the bark off a little tree as a scent marker).
They are working. The twins weren't on either cam. They must wonder what the heck is going on. First year for them. I think I'm going to name them Mix and Match. Mix has the odd-shaped antlers and Match is the little four point.

I moved the camera up on a tree trunk, though it had been doing OK on the ground. Scrape was freshly dug.

No comments: