Thursday, January 22, 2009

Daily Deercam

  Coon Pack across the creek.  Now down two more members

  Mature doe.

  Notice the long face on this grown animal.

  She is 2 or 4 years old and about 115-125 lbs.


  Crow flying into the cam area.

  Yesterday driving out of the lakehouse property I saw four pups someone had dumped in the usual place.  They were sitting in the middle of a pasture looking lost.  Today I was at my deercam and could hear them whimpering on another property in deep brush across the creek.  Not much fun.  I don't know why folks think dogs will do better dumped out here than taken to the pound.  Or dumped in town where there are more people and fewer coyotes.
  One coon in the trap, a big sow.  They had been wary for a few days, even digging the dry catfood out from under the sides of the trap.  Three down total.
  Doe and a yearling fawn in the pasture at dusk.  Nice to see them out and about.  They had a hard time figuring me in the dusk until I unslung the rifle for a second look.  I have an old Thompson Machine Gun sweb sling on my 10/22 and the rear clamp tinkles and chimes when you shrug it off.  That did it.  I saw them again on the other side of the pasture below the crown of the field when I worked my way around. 
  Shooting the suppressed Ruger coming and going.  Fun to plink away with little noise.

No comments: