Thursday, January 22, 2009

10/22 Mags and Maint.


  My dad bought me a 10/22 back in the mid 60's.  There are some original parts left, but not many.  The trigger, sear, hammer, mag release, bolt stop, buffer, barrel, sights and stock are all aftermarket.  I put a Yankee Hill Machine Works adapter on it so the .22 suppressor would fit.  That makes it officially a fun gun.  The only draw back was the mags.  These are old mags- one of them is the original.  They were balking by not bringing up the next round.  I broke them down with an allen wrench and did a basic clean and re-assemble.  It was a Q-tip and paper towel kind of job.   I didn't think a solvent was safe for the bakelite.  Not a complicated process- the usual inside gunk was keeping them from functioning.  Now they all feed fine.  The suppressor makes it sound like a stapler with Wolf Match.  Eats ammo though.
  Yesterday I was checking the cam across the creek and heard a little sound up the hill.  It was s coyote loping through the heavy brush.  No shot, no shot on the next one or the NEXT one.  They really can cover ground.  Nice to see them in the bottom since the local pack took a huge hit a few months back, losing 11 to one of the neighbors who killed them with suspended treble hooks and chicken wings.

Update:  Uncleaunched!  Video upcoming if I can get my cameraKid scheduled.

No comments: