Tuesday, November 18, 2008

National Ammo Day

 Today.  November 19th.  Buy at LEAST 100 rounds and be part of the national buy-cott.  You can't have too much ammo.

  Kim Du toit thought this up and put the National Ammo Day on HIS birthday.  Good for him and good for us.  I've met and shot with Kim.  He's the real deal.  This is the 7th anniversary.

  You're going to need ammo in the future, and I doubt it's going to get cheaper.  AIMSurplus is good.  They've got some Swiss 7.5, they say.  I've ordered and been happy from Ammoman though some folks have had problems.  Samco is good, and like AIM, they have firearms as well.  Midway has everything.  Plus.

  500 rounds of .22 is the basic load.  You'll always need .45 or 9mm.  Maybe I'll order some Swiss GP11 from Cheaper than Dirt or someone.  Maybe Academy for some .38 special or 9mm for me.  I've GOT ammo and I MAKE ammo, but you really can't have too much dang ammo!

  Big gunshow here this weekend but I am going to hit a retail outlet early.

  Update:  It's here.  Start buying!  And MENTION it's National Ammo Day.  Ask them if they have a sale or a special.

  Tam mentioned ordering from Georgia Arms.

Update II: I loaded up the local geezer and went to Academy Sporting Goods.  Four boxes of 9mm, two boxes of .38 Special and two boxes of .40 cal for a friend.  I asked the counter guy if he had heard of National Ammo Day and he said no, but they had been enjoying the Obamapalooza.  They had 9mm for nine bucks a box, limit ten...with people lined up to buy all they could.  Ammo and guns flying out the door.
  I'm going to load 50 rounds of 270 for Dr. Sneed and then look for ammo at the gun show this weekend.  Still sniffing around for Swiss 7.5.  Cheaper than Dirt had some for 29.00 a 60-round pack...turned out to be a misprint.  40 bucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try wideners for the swiss 7.5