Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Three Graces

Having fun watching this bunch of does and yearlings for several months now.  The group was as big as five.  I THINK this is mom and two kids, but could be two does and a yearling.

The Three Graces.


The Graces behind the house.  They like my corn wherever they find it.

Reasonable buck but not a shooter for me.  I'm not shooting until, (and unless), I see twice this much antler.

Little buck fighting his way through the fall.

Buck sneaking by.

Creek up from the little bit of rain.  Slipped going over and got a scoop of mud in the back scope objective.  That's hunting.  Like wearing roller skates in there.  Must have been great pot-mud for the Caddos to make pottery from.  Sat in the tree for an hour after re-corning, re-batterizing and swapping cards.  No birds around in the rain.  Last time I had a Pileated Woodpecker on each side, pretty close.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Good pics, and maybe next year on that little buck!