Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big Pine down

I wish I had a "before" photo but I never took one.  Very disconcerting to see one of my favorite trees of the creek bottom dead and crashed to earth.  Looks like it blew over in the rain storms a couple weeks back, or longer.  Hasn't been down long.  Root ball torn out on the uphill side.   Beautiful sculptural tree back in the brush.  I thought it would surely outlast me.  Never packed my view camera back there to photograph it though it was on the list.  Very tough country.  Biggest Pine in the area.  I hadn't been over to see it in a couple of years. Now it's gone.


Anonymous said...

I'd love that for firewood. Have chainsaw will travel (a reasonable distance).

Gary in Montana

Robert Langham said...

Just hate to lose it. A remarkable piece of living sculpture.