Sunday, November 18, 2012

Big Pine down


I wish I had a "before" photo but I never took one.  Very disconcerting to see one of my favorite trees of the creek bottom dead and crashed to earth.  Looks like it blew over in the rain storms a couple weeks back, or longer.  Hasn't been down long.  Root ball torn out on the uphill side.   Beautiful sculptural tree back in the brush.  I thought it would surely outlast me.  Never packed my view camera back there to photograph it though it was on the list.  Very tough country.  Biggest Pine in the area.  I hadn't been over to see it in a couple of years. Now it's gone.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love that for firewood. Have chainsaw will travel (a reasonable distance).

Gary in Montana

Robert Langham said...

Just hate to lose it. A remarkable piece of living sculpture.