Monday, June 21, 2010

Back from vacation.

Looking to the South from our little campsite at Shiprock.

Car camping in the desert.

Road up the West dike at Shiprock.

Shiprock and the West Dike.

The Transept from Bright Angel Point on the North Rim of the Grand.

Katie said she wanted to see the West. I'm the wrong person to talk carelessly around about the West, so she found herself in the middle of a vast expanse of hot dirt in a timely fashion. Cadillac Ranch at Amarillo. Albuquerque. Canyon de Chelly, Az. Shiprock. Lee's Ferry. North Rim of the Grand Canyon.

I didn't have to shoot once, though I was armed after a fashion. Browning Highpower, a 1961 Buenos Aires police contract gun went along. Not really a gun for the West with it's long distances...but, there you go.

Glad to be home.

Bought the best two 5X7 film holders out of an old box at Camera & Darkroom in Albuquerque. 20$ each. Should have bargained, I guess. I was the last customer they will ever see for that format.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you enjoyed the Grand Canyon State, that I call home! She really is something of pure majesty isn't she? Glad all went well on your trip and the pictures of Shiprock are awesome.