Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tuesday PM: Life on the road

First deer of the year was under this mid-pasture Oak. Two big scrapes on this side of it under overhanging branches.

View from the pine. Scrape visible to the left of trunk above the bare branch. That's the scrape that has the overhanging leafy branches in many of the deercam photos.

Nice pic of me in my camo standing next to a fresh deer rub.

Butler Creek Crossing. Glad to have this tree down to step on. Deer crossing as well.

Brushpiles still burning and folks moving around so I took a cam and went across the creek to a scrape. Installed the camera and got a pair of deer snorting me from 30 yards up in the brush. Wait until they get their picture made. That'll show 'em.
I retreated in a cloud of buck scent back to an old logging road. Rattled after a bit and sat until dark watching and listening. Nothing happened except a hawk going after a squirrel behind me. Quite a ruckus.